After Twilight: Even more vampire fiction for fang fans

Comments (16)
  1. In case it helps, I offer a page of Gothic fantasy recommendations for tweens and teens here:

2. Spencer says:

Thanks for the list. My wife and everyone I know enjoyed the Twilight series and as you put it…they want more. This is a great list to start from. Thanks!! Now I have some other great Ideas for upcoming birthdays.

3. Adam Railing says:

Very helpful information for all Vampire series fans.

4. Nancy says:

When I was teenager we just had the Point Horror series, the trend back then was more for stalk and slash killer stories than vampires, and they were fast moving stories you could read in a day. When Buffy came out I was just that little bit too old to get swept up in the vampire thing.

5. Jennifer says:

This is a wonderful list. Definitely gives a person a place to start. Thanks!

6. What an excellent list you have compiled… I am going to have to dive in to some of these! – Eric

7. Reela says:

I recommend the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith.

Its a YA series with 5 books so, there’s lots of material to get through!

The first one is called Awakening – and there are lots of similarities to Twilight – girl meets boy, boy is a vampire, boy doesnt appear to like girl at first…

There’s a love story with some elements of horror thrown in. An entertaining read for teens!

8. I loved the Ann Rice books and the first film interview with a Vampire, the second film Queen of the damned was terribly disappointing though. I haven’t read Blood and Gold yet, which is more about Marius who to me was the most interesting Character in the book, but hope to get around to reading it soon. I think you can never be to old to appreciate a good vampire book.

9. Lei says:

After reading twilight I want more thanks for this list. have you seen or read the self published books called, Ramblings of the Mad Woman. The first was great and i’m waiting for the second.

10. Kristen says:

Thanks you so much for this book list. I love fiction based on vampires. I just read a great book you might enjoy called Forbidden: The Temptation. Samantha Sommersby’s Forbidden universe rocks with sexy vampires, wildly irreverent weres, and sassy kick-butt heroines.

11. Sharon says:

if your a die hard Twilight fan then check out Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead..absolutly loved it…waiting for book 4… worth a review…Also am reading the Evernight Series by Claudia Gray..not to bad on book 2..definately worth a review….Am slightly over the teen vampire romance(cough)stories..but have enjoyed them =]..Looking forward to hunting down some of your suggestions..cheers

12. Celina Anne says:

Check out Beth Fantanskey’s book – “Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side”. Has yet more twists to vampires.

I loved Dracula type movies as a teenager, as a young adult (20s)loved “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” & spinoff “Angel”. I like many especially love the “Twilight” saga (read all 4 books in two & half days) & “True Blood” programme – both very different from each other but both excellent.

If you like the unusual or paranormal books and programmes like “Criminal Minds”, profiling etc, also check out Kay Hooper – her haunting books of the Special Crimes Unit and it’s special talents dealing & utilising paranormal skills.

Thanks Reela for the “LJ Smith” & “Vampire Diaries”. I”d been hunting for this particular info. I remembered reading the synopsis on the back of the books at Whitcoulls Book store but had forgotten who wrote them. THANKS.
    From Celina

13. C E WRAY says:

Hi – just finished a new vampire novel and have sequel outlined. Looking for agent any suggestions?

14. H. Freedman says:

I just finished reading Captives and Prisoners by Cheyenne Moon. It’s really good, especially for those who like seeing werewolves and vampires in a real-world setting. Everything’s a little dark (which I loved!!!) and there’s a rumor that a sequel should be coming out soon.