Here is the Top 10 US out of print books as compiled by Bookfinder. These books will make you some money. Once a Runner for example regularly sells for over $200. Not bad for a book that is less than ten years old. You’ll also notice at number 8, Alice Starmore. Many books by her will do very well for you!
We also look at eBay sales daily and record final values. This list matches right on with what we’ve seen. We add about three titles per day, to our scouting book . You do that and after a year you have a nice record of a thousand books that will make you money. Now bring that with you next time you pop into a bookshop and you’ll have a nice tool to help you pick out some under-priced gems.
- Once a Runner (1978) by John L. Parker, Jr.
The cult classic distance running novel; the long-awaited sequel, Again to Carthage, was released in November
- Football Scouting Methods (1962) by Steve Belichick
Legendary college football scout’s playbook, used by coaches and players to develop winning game plans
- Sex (1992) by Madonna
The pop icon’s controversial book of erotic photos
- Promise Me Tomorrow (1984) by Nora Roberts
An early novel that the bestselling romance novelist refuses to reprint, describing it as “mediocre”
- The Lion’s Paw (1946) by Robb White
A children’s adventure story about two orphans who travel around Florida in a boat
- The Principles of Knitting (1988) by June Hemmons Hiatt
An indispensable resource on hand knitting
- Raven: The Untold Story of the Reverend Jim Jones and His People (1982) by Tim Reiterman
Chronicles the inner workings which allowed the Peoples Temple to flourish
- Aran Knitting (1997) by Alice Starmore
History and how-to about the Irish knitting technique
- One Way Up (1964) by John F. Straubel
The story of of helicopters and vertically rising aircraft
- Dear and Glorious Physician (1959) by Taylor Caldwell
A novel based on the life of Saint Luke